The problems climate change presents can seem complex at first, however below I have attempted to separate the solutions to this overwhelming problem into two categories. In order to better understand what can and must be done to prevent further damage from climate change, it is best to look at what we can do through repairing our planet and making transitions which are more sustainable for all life on earth.
- Clean the oceans
- Plant more trees
- Create more biodiverse and protected natural landscapes
- Protect endangered species
- Reduce CO2 emissions
- Transition toward a more vegetarian diet
- Transition toward renewable energy in order to cut carbon emissions and dependency on fossil fuels
- Transition from using harmful products such as plastic toward more biodegradable material
We cannot simply tackle every single issue climate change presents us with, although with divided attention each nation can do their part to work toward these issues. The natural world is defined by its many different cycles which helps operate life on earth, these issues work similarly in the way that one often has a collateral impact on the other. Therefore, we cannot focus on one single issue either as this will not be sufficient enough to slow down the consequences of our changing climate.